The C&MA (Christian and Missionary Alliance
Who We Are — Who Is The Alliance?
The Christian and Missionary Alliance began as a deeper life and missionary movement initiated by Dr. Albert B. Simpson in 1887 to mobilize the underutilized lay forces and resources of the churches to “take the whole Bible to the whole world.” He believed that a life completely yielded to Christ was one in which service to Christ would be of paramount importance. A person controlled by the Holy Spirit has no choice but to be involved in bringing the Good News to others, either as an overseas missionary or as a missionary at home.
We are ordinary people from all walks of life and ethnic backgrounds. Empowered by an extraordinary God, we come together for the common purpose of completing The Great Commission (Matthew 28:18-20). We take faith-filled risks to see Christ’s Kingdom multiplied throughout the world.
What Is Our Mission?
We desire to know Jesus Christ as Savior, Sanctifier, Healer, and Coming King and to complete His Great Commission.
What Is Our Vision?
Our goal is to develop healthy people (fully devoted followers of Christ), who come together to build healthy churches (unified as the Body of Christ through the indwelling Holy Spirit), that produce a bountiful harvest (completing Christ’s Great Commission).
What Are Our Core Values?
- Lost people matter to God. He wants them found. — Luke 19:10
- Prayer is the primary work of the people of God. — Philippians 4:6–7
- Everything we have belongs to God. We are only stewards. — I Chronicles 29:14
- Knowing and obeying God’s Word is fundamental to all true success. — Joshua 1:8
- Completing the Great Commission will require the mobilization of every fully devoted disciple. —Matthew 28:19
- Without the empowerment of the Holy Spirit, we can accomplish nothing. —I Corinthians 2:4–5
- Achieving God’s purposes involves taking faith-filled risks. This always involves change. —Hebrews 11:6